Thursday, August 27, 2015

What is STMGASTUDENTS.org and why do I have this email address?

All the teachers and staff have an stmgastudents.org email address and password, And, you've probably heard by now that you need to use your stmgastudents.org username and password if you want to unblock websites. But you may be wondering...

  • why do we have an stmgastudents.org email account if we already have an stmga.org account?
  • what do I use it for other than unblocking websites?
Stmgastudents.org is our Google Apps for Education domain. It's similar to a regular Google account that you may have for your personal email, but it's set up within the "walls" of our school meaning that there are restrictions on these accounts. Even though it's our school domain, you can sign into your account from anywhere. 

Who has an stmgastudents.org account?
All teachers and staff have accounts, and all students in grades 3-8 have their own accounts.

What can I do with my stmgastudents.org account?
Here's a few things you can do: send email, store and share files using Drive, post on this blog.

What do the students use it for?
Middle School students use email to communicate with their teachers and other students. Students in 3rd - 5th grades use their account to log into the Chromebooks.

If you don't know how to log in to your stmgastudents.org account, send me an email and I'll send you a username and password.

No comments:

Post a Comment